After a few long haul flights, I think I’ve got it down pat.
Here are some things I think you’ll need when you go travelling (and to store in your carry-on if possible):
- Passport (obviously). But I’ve been loving The Daily Edited’s travel wallet to carry it in – it has compartments for credit cards, boarding passes, as well as a detachable passport cover. Very handy.
- Travel cards. And by that, I mean prepaid cards, transport cards (in my case I’m heading to London again so I’m bringing along the Oyster card I picked up back in 2013.) I’m going to be carrying all this in a card wallet.
- Phone, because, duh.
- A fragrance. Less than 100mL, obviously, and something seasonal.
- A compact camera. I love the Sony RX100 III – I’ve had it since South America. It takes beautiful photos, has a great battery life and I particularly love the selfie mode when you can’t find anybody to take a picture of you.
- Then some basic beauty essentials (there’s obviously a lot more where this came from but this is literally just the bare minimum): a lip colour, sunscreen and maybe something for the eyes.